Student Housing in Paris
To live in Paris means to live in one of the most beautiful cities in the world. However, finding appropriate student housing in Paris can be a difficult task. That is why Schiller International University has been working together with the Fondation des Etats-Unis (the American residence at the Cité Internationale Universitaire) to provide rooms exclusively for Schiller students.
The Cité Internationale Universitaire (International University City) is a college campus in the heart of the Paris, a green haven located in a safe neighborhood just 15 minutes away from our Paris Campus. At the University City students can benefit from the numerous restaurants, cafeterias, libraries and sports facilities. Living alongside students from all over the world in an inspiring academic setting will be one of the defining experiences of your time at Schiller.
Our Student Services office will contact you prior to your arrival in Paris. They will work with you to find accommodations that suit you and your budget. In addition to our student residences at the University City, Schiller Paris has a network of trusted landlords and housing partners providing apartments and homestays.
Student Services will contact you prior to your arrival in order to start working with you in finding the accommodation that suits you.
French Government Financial Aid for Housing (CAF)
All students in France are eligible to apply for financial assistance towards their living costs. Students will need to fill out the online registration form directly on the website first and then take it to their local CAF branch.
Below is a list of the documents you will need to provide:
- The most recent rent receipt (quittance de loyer)
- Your residence contract, which should be provided by your landlord or real estate agency
- Your most recent telephone or electricity bill, as proof of residence.
- Your “relevé d’identité bancaire” (RIB). This document, available from your bank, identifies your bank name, address, and account number.
- Your student visa, residence permit or copy of ID
- Your certificate of enrollment that you will receive upon arrival at Schiller
- A document stating your income or resources.