Madrid Visa and Formalities

Visa and Formalities

IMPORTANT NOTICE:  This information is provided as a general guide to study in Spain. However, every applicant should consult with the relevant Spanish authorities or websites to verify what they require to study in Spain.  Student visa or immigration policies are subject to change and it is the responsibility of each applicant to Schiller International University, Madrid to ensure they comply with all immigration guidelines.

Before arrival in Madrid:

In order to enter Spain as a student, non EU-citizens must go to the Spanish consulate of their country and present all required documents included admission letter from Schiller International University to apply for the student visa.

For new students and transfer students there is a checklist here that should be consulted prior to starting the visa procedure.

For information on the necessary documents that students have to present upon request of a student visa for Spain you can download a checklist here.

To find the exact address of the nearest Spanish Consulate from the student’s country click here.

For the Spanish government official page for students from non-EU countries click here.

Students can also contact their own embassy in Spain by clicking here.

Please note that students who come to Spain on a short-stay (tourist) visa, cannot change this to a long-stay visa while in Spain.

Have your student visa before arriving in Spain (for non-EU citizens)!.

Back to homepage.

Already got your degree? Then join our Alumni Network. Through our Schiller Alumni Network, we welcome the opportunity to connect, share, and hear from our thousands of alumni, many of whom are leading and driving success for a wide variety of companies around the world.