Madrid Emergency and Health Info

Madrid Emergency and Health Info

Students are required to carry their own health and accident insurance or be covered by the Spanish Social Security system. Coverage is required from the date of their departure from their country of residence until their return.

All EU citizens staying in Spain must obtain the form E111 before leaving their country. They are entitled to use the Spanish Social Security system. Nationals of non-EU countries should take out health insurance before leaving home. Consultations and prescriptions have to be paid for in full, and are reimbursed, in part, on receipt of a completed form.

Members of Schiller International University administration will assist you if you need to find medical assistance.

Medical Service List

The US Embassy has complied a list of hospitals, clinics and doctors (PDF – 136K) to assist American citizens in Spain in the event medical services are required. “The Embassy is unable to assume any responsibility for the activities of the organizations and individuals listed, but great care has been exercised to include only those who are thought to be capable, reliable and ethical. Additionally, it has not been possible to include in this listing all of the capable physicians practicing in Madrid. Users of this list should inquire in advance about hours of operations and fees.”

Although this list was compiled for American citizens the list will serve any english speaker looking for medical assistance.

Emergency number – all services: 112


Pharmacies operate on a rotating system and some are open 24 hours.  You will find hours posted in the window and also an indication of the closest open pharmacy. You can also find updated information in:

Back to homepage.

Already got your degree? Then join our Alumni Network. Through our Schiller Alumni Network, we welcome the opportunity to connect, share, and hear from our thousands of alumni, many of whom are leading and driving success for a wide variety of companies around the world.