Frequently Asked Questions About Schiller University in Madrid

Frequently Asked Questions - Schiller International University Madrid

Is Schiller International University Madrid Campus accredited in both the United States and Spain?

Yes. SIU Madrid is accredited by ACICS in the United States. In Spain, SIU Madrid is authorized by the Consejería de Educación y Cultura de la Comunidad de Madrid, the official educational body within the Madrid regional government. This means that Schiller Degrees can be “Homologables Individualmente” as a Spanish Degree.

In addition, Schiller International University (SIU) and the University of Roehampton (UoR) in London have signed an agreement where students will study for a degree awarded by Roehampton alongside their Schiller degree and receive two separate qualifications by completing extra Roehampton-specific credits. A student from anywhere in the world studying with Schiller will earn an accredited US degree recognized in any country that accepts US degrees and a British degree recognized across the European Union, the Commonwealth plus countries including Russia, Turkey, Norway, Switzerland and other signatories of the Bologna Accords.

Do I need to be able to speak Spanish to attend SIU Madrid?

No. All classes at SIU Madrid, except Spanish language courses, are taught in English. That being said, we consider your experience in Spain will improve if you take advantage of our Spanish courses.

What housing options are available at SIU Madrid?

There are different options available for students: Student Residences, Apartments, and Homestays. They vary in cost and options. If you would like to find out more about what options would be best for you, please contact your admissions representative.

Is life in Madrid expensive?

Madrid has been ranked as one of the most affordable cities in Europe. Food, housing, transportation, and entertainment are considerably less than other major cities in Europe.

Can I work in Spain as a student?

Yes, provided that the work is compatible with the activity for which the visa was granted, and that the income derived from such work is not required to support you in the country. If you wish to be employed or self-employed, you must first apply for a work permit and must meet the requirements according to the activity you want to engage in. for the same.

Can use my US Financial Aid at the Madrid campus?

Yes. If you are a U.S. citizen or permanent resident of the US with questions about your FAFSA, loans, and grants, please contact the Office of Student Financial Services at the Madrid Campus at

Can I study in Madrid the entire degree?

The degrees which can be studied in their entirety at the Madrid campus are:
+ AS in International Business
+ BS in International Business
+ BA in International Economics
+ BS in International Hospitality and Tourism Management
+ BA in International Relations and Diplomacy
+ Master in Business Administration (MBA)
+ MBA in International Business
+ MBA in International Hospitality and Tourism Management
+ MA in International Relations and Diplomacy