Last updated: May 16, 2018
What are cookies
Cookies are small pieces of text sent to your web browser by a website you visit. A cookie file is stored in your web browser and allows the Service or a third-party to recognize you and make your next visit easier and the Service more useful to you.
Cookies can be “persistent” or “session” cookies. Persistent cookies remain on your personal computer or mobile device when you go offline, while session cookies are deleted as soon as you close your web browser.
When you use and access the Service, we may place a number of cookies files in your web browser.
- To enable certain functions of the Service
- To provide analytics
- To store your preferences
We use both session and persistent cookies on the Service and we use different types of cookies to run the Service:
- Accounts-related cookies. We may use accounts-related cookies to authenticate users and prevent fraudulent use of user accounts. We may use these cookies to remember information that changes the way the Service behaves or looks, such as the “remember me” functionality.
- Analytics cookies. We may use analytics cookies to track information how the Service is used so that we can make improvements. We may also use analytics cookies to test new advertisements, pages, features or new functionality of the Service to see how our users react to them.
In addition to our own cookies, we may also use various third-parties cookies to report usage statistics of the Service, deliver advertisements on and through the Service, and so on.
Category: Performance Cookies
|_hjid||Is set when the customer first lands on a page.||PERSISTENT||schiller.edu|
|_hjFirstSeen||Identifies a new user's first session on a website.||PERSISTENT||schiller.edu|
|_hjTLDTest||We try to determine the most generic cookie path we should use.||SESSION||schiller.edu|
|_gat_UA-||This is a pattern type cookie set by Google Analytics, where the pattern element on the name contains the unique identity number of the account or website it relates to.||PERSISTENT||schiller.edu|
|_hjIncludedInPageviewSample||This cookie is set to let Hotjar know whether that visitor is included in the data sampling defined by your site's pageview limit.||PERSISTENT||www.schiller.edu|
|_gid||This cookie name is associated with Google Universal Analytics.||PERSISTENT||schiller.edu|
|_ga||Used to calculate visitor, session and campaign data for the sites analytics reports.||PERSISTENT||schiller.edu|
|_hjAbsoluteSessionInProgress||This cookie is used by HotJar to detect the first pageview session of a user. This is a True/False flag set by the cookie.||PERSISTENT||schiller.edu|
Category: Strictly Necessary Cookies
|OptanonConsent||Stores information about the categories of cookies the site uses.||PERSISTENT||.www.schiller.edu|
|OptanonAlertBoxClosed||It enables the website not to show the message more than once to a user.||PERSISTENT||.www.schiller.edu|
Category: Targeting Cookies
|test_cookie||Determines if the website visitor's browser supports cookies.||PERSISTENT||doubleclick.net|
|_fbp||Used by Facebook to deliver a series of advertisement products such as real time bidding from third party advertisers.||PERSISTENT||schiller.edu|
|VISITOR_INFO1_LIVE||Is set by Youtube to keep track of user preferences for Youtube videos embedded in sites.||PERSISTENT||youtube.com|
|lidc||This is a Microsoft MSN 1st party cookie that ensures the proper functioning of this website.||PERSISTENT||linkedin.com|
|lang||Used to store language preferences.||SESSION||linkedin.com|
|UserMatchHistory||This cookie is used to track visitors so that more relevant ads can be presented based on the visitor's preferences.||PERSISTENT||linkedin.com|
|CONSENT||This cookie carries out information about how the end user uses the website and any advertising that the end user may have seen before visiting the said website.||PERSISTENT||youtube.com|
|bscookie||Used by the social networking service, LinkedIn, for tracking the use of embedded services.||PERSISTENT||www.linkedin.com|
|NID||Uses the data gathered from most of Google services to profile the interests of web users and sell advertising space to organisations based on such interest profiles as well as aligning adverts to the content on the pages where its customer's adverts appear.||PERSISTENT||google.com|
|bcookie||This is a Microsoft MSN 1st party cookie for sharing the content of the website via social media.||PERSISTENT||linkedin.com|
|lang||It will likely be used to store language preferences.||SESSION||ads.linkedin.com|
|_hjIncludedInPageviewSample||This cookie is set to let Hotjar know whether that visitor is included in the data sampling defined by your site's pageview limit.||PERSISTENT||script.hotjar.com|
What are your choices regarding cookies
Please note, however, that if you delete cookies or refuse to accept them, you might not be able to use all of the features we offer, you may not be able to store your preferences, and some of our pages might not display properly.
- For the Chrome web browser, please visit this page from Google: https://support.google.com/accounts/answer/32050
- For the Internet Explorer web browser, please visit this page from Microsoft: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/278835
- For the Firefox web browser, please visit this page from Mozilla: https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/delete-cookies-remove-info-websites-stored
- For the Safari web browser, please visit this page from Apple: https://support.apple.com/kb/PH21411?locale=en_US
- For any other web browser, please visit your web browser’s official web pages.