Globalization has increased the complexity of the business environment forcing organizations of XXI century to acquire new skills and abilities to improve their international competitiveness. The success of its business operation is directly related to their influence.
Corporate Diplomacy is the instrumental development of the influence strategy of the company.
Why is influence profitable?
- Allows access to the relevant institutions to defend the company’s own interests.
- It is a positive force that can drive and get more and better business.
- Represents a competitive advantage when it has well-defined and managed processes.
- Reinforces the commitment of all stakeholders.
- Influence, if it is transparent, ethical, responsible and organized, improves social reputation.
International Institute of Corporate Diplomacy (IICD)
This program is developed in collaboration with the IICD. It is a private institution dedicated to thepromotion and development of Corporate Diplomacy, understood as the set of rules, practices and processes that enable public and private organizations enhance their relational capital and ensure a more influential leadership. It supports professionals, companies and organizations to improve their performance by enhancing their ability to influence, incorporating Corporate Diplomacy as a strategicfactor in the development of their business. It is committed to the training of professionals in lobbyingand interest representation. Its programs are aimed at improving relational skills and to the enhancement of the role of corporate diplomatic advisor.
To provide attendees with the knowledge and strategic tools necessary to conduct an effectiverepresentation of the interests of their organizations to the public, private and / or associative areas.
Professionals with experience in: institutional relations, public and regulatory affairs, international business development, investor relations, communications, legal advice, law firms, entrepreneurshipand business management, strategic consulting, political parties, Public Administrations, professional associations, foundations, NGOs and think tanks.
The program is taught in Spanish and English. Each module includes theory and practice with case studies and simulations. Throughout the course, open lectures, panel discussions and workshops will be held by professionals from different fields of Corporate Diplomacy & Public Affairs.
The program lasts approximately 65 hours spread over 14 teaching sessions. The sessions will take place on Friday afternoons and Saturday mornings.
The sessions are held at the Madrid Campus of Schiller International University.
Calle Serrano, 156 (Plaza de la República Argentina)
I. The different faces of power: Towards a new state model
- Who has the power
- Participatory democracies to the digital paradigm shift
- State vs Traditional Organization. new areas of power
II. Public and private interests
- Communication and power: political communication and media
- Management of public and private interests
III. The value of corporate influence and diplomacy
- Relational Capital as a competitive advantage
- The responsibility of the company and its stakeholders
- The organization of an influential business
- Economic intelligence and competitive intelligence
- Analysis of political-country risk
IV. The lobby
- How to start a program of business lobby
- The regulation of lobbying
- Conflict of interests: international legal instruments
V. The digital lobby
- The power of networks and new technologies
VI. The external action of States (Foreign Affairs)
- The organization of a State abroad
- Foreign Relations of a State
- Public Diplomacy
VII. How to do lobby in the European Union
- Keys to the lobby at the EU level: actors and institutions
- The lobby of other actors (the Third Sector): NGOs, Civil Associations, Think Tanks
- The lobby for regional areas: Latin America, USA, Arab World, Asia and Africa
* The organizer reserves the right to make appropriate changes to improve the program.
Claustro de Profesores SIU
How to register
Please send the document that can be downloaded here to the following address: