Are you looking for a career in registered nursing?
Schiller’s nursing program is designed to provide courses, that when successfully completed, award graduates an Associate Degree in Nursing (ADN). Graduates are then eligible to apply to take the National Council Licensure Examination for Registered Nurses (NCLEX-RN). Upon successful completion of the NCLEX-RN and licensuraze by the Florida Board of Nursing, graduates are employable as registered nurses.
Graduates may find these opportunities in a wide variety of settings, including, but not limited to acute care in hospitals and long term care facilities, outpatient clinics, physicians’ offices, home health care agencies, private or governmental industries, schools and hospice programs.
Offered at the following campuses:
Tampa Bay (The ASN program is not currently accepting new students.)
Nursing Program Accreditation and Approval
Schiller’s Associate Degree Nursing Program has full approval by the Florida Board of Nursing and the Accrediting Council for Independent Colleges and Schools (ACICS). Information about approval and/or accreditation may be obtained from the following:
Florida Board of Nursing
Department of Health
Board of Nursing
4052 Bald Cypress Way
Tallahassee, FL 32399-3252
Accrediting Council for Independent Colleges and Schools
750 First Street NE
Washington, DC 20002-4223
We have the faculty, resources, courses and support to help you succeed. And, you may qualify for financial aid assistance.
NURSING PROGRAM ENTRANCE REQUIREMENTS
All students who wish to pursue the Associates of Science in Nursing (ASN) degree at Schiller International University (SIU) must take the Health Education Systems, Incorporated (HESI 2) entrance exam. Completion of the A2 Exam with a score of 75 is required for admission to the Associate Degree of the Nursing program. This score reflects a necessary reading, English, and math knowledge foundation to be successful in the nursing program. In the event a student has taken the HESI at another institution prior to starting the Admissions process with SIU, the student must provide an official transcript as proof of achieving a score of 75 or higher. No student will be admitted without an official HESI® 2 or HESI® score report which can be no more than one year from the date of enrollment.
RN Program Admission Requirements
- The RN program will admit students into the nursing occupational courses three times per year: January, May and September.
- Students must complete all general education courses with an overall 2.5 GPA prior to the admission date. * All science courses must be completed with a minimum grade of C.
- Students must complete the Level 1 criminal background check and all health screenings before enrolling in NU 111 Basic Concepts of Nursing.
ASSOCIATE OF SCIENCE IN NURSING
The AS degree in Nursing is a 66 credit hour program that prepares students to take the NCLEX- RN for licensure as a Registered Nurse. This program is approved by the Florida State Board of Nursing. Students must complete both the theory and clinical practicum for each course. Nursing students typically take 3-4 courses concurrently during a 16 week semester. Courses follow a logical sequence to prepare students for nursing practice in a variety of settings. Classroom, lab and clinical experiences empower students to gain competencies while using the nursing process to care for infants, children and adults of diverse cultures across the lifespan. Refer to the Nursing Program Entrance Requirements documented in the section titled Admission Requirements and Nursing Program Clinical Requirements in the section entitled Download Center.
Objectives: Graduates of the Nursing program will be able to:
- Demonstrate critical, creative and reflective thinking to guide evidenced based nursing practice decisions that maximizes health potential of the individual, family or community. (Caring)
- Engage in leadership abilities emphasizing professional accountability and adherence to standards of care to guide health care delivery to clients across the lifespan. (Integrity)
- Demonstrate the ability to function effectively in a multicultural environment utilizing interpersonal communication and information technologies. (Diversity)
- Understands the need for life-long learning as the means to retain and expand professional/clinical skills and knowledge (Excellence)
The Associate of Science in Nursing is taught residentially.
The Associate of Science in Nursing program at Schiller International University Tampa Bay, Florida has been placed on student achievement show-cause by our accreditor, the Accrediting Council for Independent Colleges and Schools (ACICS) due to material noncompliance with its licensure pass rate standard of 60%.
Don’t wait. Contact Schiller International University today!
For more information about our graduation rates, the median debt of students who completed the program and other important information, please CLICK HERE.